Full-time academic faculty tenure track senior assistant librarian to serve as a Discovery Services Librarian reporting to the Director of Libraries.
- Manages access, problem resolution, assessment, and discovery of all library technologies;
- ensures that the library’s web presence is accurate, up-to-date, and accessible;
- identifies training opportunities within the library regarding library technologies;
- creates usage reports to assist with collection management;
- serves as primary contact with internal departments and vendors concerning library technologies;
- provides reference services at a desk, via technology, and by appointment;
- serves as a liaison to selected departments;
- provides general and specialized instruction to faculty and students in the department.
Position may work evenings and weekends as appropriate.
Master’s degree in Librarianship/Information Science from an ALA accredited program with one to two years of experience implementing, managing, and supporting integrated library systems, digital repositories and discovery tools; (e.g., Aleph, Alma, ILLiad, Primo, EBSCO Discovery Service, Digital Commons, link resolvers, EZProxy). Successful candidate must also have the ability to work successfully both as an active, collaborative team member and independently; possess familiarity with professional standards, best practices, and emerging technologies in libraries; and have a strong organizational and project management skills.
Academic library experience; knowledge of supporting electronic resource life-cycle activities; experience with reference service, collection development and/or instruction; and/or knowledge of application programming interfaces (API).
For application instructions and to apply online go to: http://jobs.cortland.edu/