The Director of Library Services provides innovative and effective leadership in the provision of high-quality library services and resources to the Vaughn community.
Vaughn College’s recently renovated library is a modern state of the art facility containing a substantial collection including thousands of books, periodicals, videos, computerized aircraft manuals, e-books and software. Faculty, staff and students have online access to a wealth of research databases as well as a collection of videos–in DVD and Blu-ray formats. The library features quiet areas for study, computer use as well as a multimedia section for instructional use. It is conveniently located near the colleges teaching and learning center where students receive tutoring and advisement.
Responsibilities include developing, implementing and evaluating Library policies and procedures; managing, evaluating and reporting on Library operations; ensuring appropriate access to print and electronic information resources; and collaboratively coordinating the management of specific departmental material/documents.
– Managing day-to-day operation of the Library including services, collections, and facilities, as well as training and supervision of library staff
– Preparing and administering the Library’s annual budget
– Researching and implementing enhancements to existing library technology
– Overseeing and managing an effective library web presence
– Preparing statistical reports (IPEDS), surveys, self-studies, and analyses of library services
– In conjunction with the Academic departments, conducts targeted assessment to improve information literacy instruction, collections, and operations tailored to the needs of the Vaughn community
– Developing and implementing long-range plans for growth and improvement of facilities, collections, and services that reflect the evolving changes in scholarship
– Remaining current with library trends, use of library technology, and the provision of services to today’s library
– Seeking innovative and creative ways to market, enhance, and improve Library services
– Facilitating the continuous transformation of the Library into a technologically advanced information center
– Strategically collaborating with other campus offices to promote innovative services to the Vaughn students, faculty, and staff
– Representing and promoting the Library to the College and community
– Creating a library environment (physical space as well as through services provided) that promotes the core values of the Vaughn College community
– Serving on College–wide committees or taskforces
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
– Master in Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program is required
– (5+ years) in Library Services including supervisory experience
– Strong commitment to and evidence of user-centered service expertise
– Advanced proficiency in computers, library information systems, and online library resources
– Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on using evidence-based decision making
– Excellent team-building and leadership skills
– Commitment to diversity and inclusion
– Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
– Ability to understand and follow directions
Work environment and physical functions:
This position is located in an office environment. Generally, an employee needs to be able to sit, stand, and navigate within the office area. The office equipment either individually used or shared with a department is the responsibility of all employees.