Digital Scholarship Project Manager
Yale University Library
New Haven, CT
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut.A� Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include two major art museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Position Focus: Yale University seeks a Project Manager (PM) who will be responsible for coordination and completion of projects for Digital Scholarship Services (DSS) in the Yale University Library. This position will oversee all aspects of digital scholarship project management by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of projects. The PM will prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects and be familiar with a variety of digital scholarship concepts, practices, and procedures. Relying on experience and judgment, the PM will plan and accomplish goals by performing a variety of tasks across a spectrum of technologies and digital services. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Director of Digital Scholarship Services.
- Helps define, assess, execute and complete Digital Scholarship Services projects.
- Serving as team lead, coordinates activities among team of librarians, data specialists, developers, and other experts.
- Plans, tracks, and communicates resources, tasks, and processes for DSS.
- Participates in development, maintenance, and day-to-day oversight of projects in support of digital scholarship services.
- Collaborates with the Library IT and central ITS to ensure that appropriate hardware, software, and licensing support are available for DSS initiatives.
- Works with Assessment Librarian and DSS staff to document and share project metrics and progress.
- Keeps up to date on trends related to digital scholarship, research data, web publishing, educational technology, digital humanities, scholarly communication, digital collections, workflow design, open access policy, repositories and metadata, assessment and digital preservation.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiarity with a variety of digital scholarship concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated project management expertise and familiarity with Project Management software.
- Ability to operate within a complex work environment, working both independently and within a team setting.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and mobilize a team around shared goals.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience: Master’s degree in Library and Information Science.
Appointment Term: 12 month
The University and the Library
The Yale University Library, as one of the world’s leading research libraries, collects, organizes, preserves, and provides access to and services for a rich and unique record of human thought and creativity. It fosters intellectual growth and supports the teaching and research missions of Yale University and scholarly communities worldwide. A distinctive strength is its rich spectrum of resources, including around 15 million volumes and information in all media, ranging from ancient papyri to early printed books to electronic databases. The Library is engaging in numerous projects to expand access to its physical and digital collections. Housed in eighteen buildings including the Sterling Memorial Library, the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, the Center for Science and Social Science Information, and the Bass Library, it employs a dynamic and diverse staff of approximately five hundred who offer innovative and flexible services to library readers.A� For additional information on the Yale University Library, please visit the Library’s web site at www.library.yale.edu.
Salary and Benefits
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.A� Applications, consisting of a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references should be submitted by applying online at http://bit.ly/2mgJgoG.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individuala��s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Staffing Support Specialist
HR Staffing and Career Development
221 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
T:A� (203) 432-0775
F:A� (203) 432-6194
This e-mail contains CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.A� If you are not the intended recipient of this email, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.A� If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (203) 432-0775 or reply to the sender and advise that you have deleted it.A� Thank you.