About Research Foundation for SUNY System:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the Research Foundation for SUNY at SUNY Press in Albany New York. Founded in 1966, SUNY Press publishes scholarly books and journals in support of the State University of New York’s commitments to teaching, research, and public service. The Press extends the University’s intellectual reach both nationally and internationally and promotes the advancement of knowledge through the publication of peer-reviewed scholarship by authors both within and outside the University. SUNY Press’s trade imprint, Excelsior Editions, aims to serve a wider community of readers by publishing select works of general interest, with a particular focus on books that showcase the history, culture, and environment of New York State and the surrounding region.
Under the supervision of the Co-Directors, the Digital Programs Manager administers SUNY Press’s database, website, metadata dissemination, and eBook conversion workflows.
- Administer the SUNY Press website, posting summaries, cover images, first chapters, new and noteworthy titles, and other updates and revision to web pages.
- Maintain production, development, staging servers and storefront websites; export and update data from internal databases and make additions and corrections as needed to the SQL database for the website and ONIX feeds from the staging server.
- Implement and manage ONIX data feeds for various vendors.
- Design, develop, and implement programming changes to the SUNY Press website to maintain and enhance e-commerce functionality. Coordinate/direct external developers as required on special project work.
- Primary liaison with digital conversion vendor, overseeing conversion of original PDF files into various eBook formats for transmission to SUNY Press website and eBook vendors and aggregators.
- Maintain, develop, troubleshoot, and enhance as needed the Press-wide Access database.
- Disseminate metadata, book cover files, and corrections to vendors.
- Manage e-files for archives in support of reprints, print-on-demand, and e-book channels.
- Generate data reports and analysis as needed.
Qualifications: Baccalaureate degree required, MSIS or MLS welcomed. Previous experience in web design and development and knowledge of HTML, SQL, ONIX, Microsoft Office including Access, and Adobe Acrobat DC required. Previous experience in electronic publishing or book publishing and Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Excellent communication and collaborative skills, and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and meet deadlines required.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.