Central Connecticut State Universitya��s Elihu Burritt Library seeks a collaborative, creative and enthusiastic Digital Humanities Librarian to join the professional staff.A� The successful candidate will provide leadership in identifying trends and emerging technologies in digital humanities and building partnerships and cultivating relationships with key university units to develop digital humanities collections and programs.A� The successful candidate will also provide instruction to faculty and students in the area of digital research. A�As part of the Reference Department, this position will have responsibility for providing user-centered services in support of teaching, research, and scholarship in the humanities disciplines.A� Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body as well as contribute actively and effectively to student growth, service, and scholarship.A� Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides leadership and serves as a strategist and resource person for the library in the areas of digital humanities and digital research.
- Provides direct support and project management for faculty projects in Digital Humanities.
- Identifies, evaluates, implements and manages current and emerging technologies relevant to Digital Humanities initiatives.
- Provides instruction, consultation and training to researchers of all levels in Digital Humanities scholarship.
- Develops research tools and leads presentations and workshops to facilitate user access to various tools and methods.
- Collaborates with librarians to create, maintain, preserve, and enrich our existing institutional repository and to develop new digital content to enhance existing library collections.
- Develops and implements a plan allowing for integration and migration of digitized materials, finding aids, and other harvesting to internal and outside services such as Connecticut Digital Archives.
- Serves as a liaison to one or more academic departments/university programs in the humanities for the purpose of collection development.
- Develops themselves professionally based on the changing needs of the users, the university, and other factors, shares this learning with other library staff members and departments.
- As a library faculty member will successfully fulfill all requirements necessary to achieve and maintain tenure.
- Mastera��s degree in library science accredited by American Library Association
- Teaching experience in higher education (e.g. curricular instruction, library instruction, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with technologies, metadata schemas, scripting languages and standards used in Digital Humanities work
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to multiculturalism with an understanding of library needs for a diverse community
- Advanced degree in a humanities field, or recent coursework
- Project management experience and skills
- Significant experience working with primary sources and/or conducting archival research
- Experience with providing information literacy instruction and reference/research consultation in an academic/research library
- Experience with course design and digital course management software (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, etc.)
Application and Appointment: A�For full consideration, applications must be received by March 15, 2018. A�Salary and rank are commensurate with education and experience. A�Incomplete applications will not be considered.A� To begin the application process, go to https://hrat.ccsu.edu/index.php?job=259, click Apply Now, and electronically submit the following:
- Letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position
- Current resume
- Names of three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., SSN, DOB, marital status) from any documents submitted.A�Incomplete applications willA�notA�be considered.A� Emailed or mailed copies willA�notA�be accepted.A�