Job Title: Digital Collections Specialist
Title Position Reports To: Head of the University Archives and Special Collections
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital Collections Specialist is based in the department of Archives and Special Collections and will support a wide range of digital projects including the preservation of born-digital records, the digitization of archival and special collections materials, outreach and promotion using social media, and the coordination and installation of digital exhibitions.
We are looking for an organized, creative, technology savvy individual with a talent for visual design, strong writing skills and the capacity to thrive in a team-oriented work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Developing and managing digital collections.
2. Contributing to the implementation of an institutional repository
3. Arranging and describing digital and physical collections.
4. Helping to develop and coordinate digital and physical exhibitions.
5. Creating online finding aids, and other digital resources and publications.
6. Creating content for website, social media, and other digital outreach efforts.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
1. Experience or formal training in the development and management of digital collections.
2. Some experience working in an archives, special collections department, or museum.
3. Some knowledge of digital preservation.
4. Knowledge of archival descriptive standards.
5. Some experience with content management systems and/ or digital exhibition software.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (If any)
Must be able to regularly lift 40 lbs.
1. Educational background or relevant experience in digital studies, digital or graphic design, archival or museum studies, or library or information science.
Visit the web site to apply for this position: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADELPHI&cws=1&rid=1775