Job Title:Data Services Librarian (Assistant or Associate Professor)-Business
Job ID: 14083
Location: Baruch College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Open until filled with review of resumes beginning on December 3, 2015.
Baruch College seeks a business information specialist to join its Data Services team and participate in the design, implementation and promotion of systems and services for discovery, management, and access to data resources. In addition to supporting the undergraduate through doctoral programs of the Zicklin School of Business, the successful candidate will provide services to the Baruch College community across a full range of subject disciplines. Responsibilities include instruction, reference, faculty outreach, collection development, web content development, and active participation in library planning and assessment activities. The successful candidate will teach workshops in the use of Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, Factset, WRDS and other specialized business resources, as well as teach credit courses in Baruch’s undergraduate Minor in Information Studies. Some evening and weekend work is required
– MLS, or its equivalent form an ALA-accredited library school, and an additional Master’s degree or Doctorate, preferably in a business-related discipline
– Demonstrated knowledge of print and electronic business and financial information services and business research methods
– Two years of experience in an academic or corporate business library
– Evidence of the ability to meet the requirements of a tenure-track appointment, including research, publishing, and involvement in professional organizations
– Experience in working with datasets that are of specific interest to business, finance, and economics research
– Experience with statistical concepts and methods, with familiarity in performing analysis using software such as SAS, SPSS, R, or NumPY/ SciPY; must have solid experience working with spreadsheets
– MBA degree from an AACSB-accredited school
– Strong team and service oriented approach to supporting faculty and student research needs
– Excellent professional communication skills
– Experience with selecting, evaluating, and maintaining business and financial databases and resources
– Interests in and ability to provide in-person and online consultation and research support in all areas of business, accounting, marketing, finance and management
– Ability to teach effectively in a variety of settings and formats
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY:
STEP ONE – Click “Apply Now”
To be considered for this position, please submit your application online at www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select a�?Apply Nowa�? and provide the requested information. Candidates should provide a cover letter, and a CV.
STEP TWO – Go to https://www.baruch.cuny.edu/hrref/
All applicants are required to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically by their references as described below.
Please go to https://www.baruch.cuny.edu/hrref/ and enter the contact information for three (3) references. The online system will automatically send your references a request to submit a letter via the system. Full instructions will be provided.
Emailed or hard copy applications will not be considered. If you have any questions, please contact HR at 646-660-6590.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer