Iona College Libraries seek a dynamic and service oriented individual for the position of Coordinator of Research Services. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Libraries for Public Services and Systems, the successful candidate will possess innovative ideas about undergraduate and graduate research services and a strong interest in supporting student success. This is an administrative, non-tenure track position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan strategically and oversee the delivery of research and reference services.
• Coordinate and schedule staffing for in-person and virtual reference services.
• Hire, train and manage a team of weekend and evening part-time Reference Librarians.
• Provide general and specialized information services, including reference desk assistance, consultation, virtual reference and technology assistance.
• Serve as a liaison to academic departments and participate in the Libraries’ instruction program, teaching and developing courses and content for the core and subject specific courses.
• Collection development for liaison departments.
• Participate in programs that support student recruitment, academic preparedness, and retention.
• Keep current with trends and foster awareness of new developments in research, instruction, and technology trends in order to integrate them into the department’s activities.
• Assess and evaluate services and resources.
• Oversee management of reference resources, both print and electronic; develop and maintain subject and course guides in LibGuides.
• Schedule is subject to change to accommodate the academic calendar and staffing needs. May be required to work an occasional evening or weekend.
• Perform other duties as requested by supervisor and/or department head.
• ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent library degree.
• Minimum of five years related professional experience, preferably in an academic library related to reference and research services, including at least two years of professional supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of trends, methods and best practices in undergraduate and graduate student engagement.
• Experience in designing and creating effective learning materials, such as online tutorials and research guides.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skill; agility and a strong commitment to innovation, creativity and excellence.
• Ability to develop strategies for integrating new technologies and services into the existing framework.
• Knowledge of the issues and trends in librarianship and research.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and team environment.
• An additional graduate degree, preferably in business.
• Administrative and management experience.
• Experience with assessment.
• Collection Management experience; online research collection development preferred.
• Experience with library and electronic resource management systems.
Instructions to Applicants:
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three references to:
Assistant Director of Libraries for Public Services & Systems
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Iona College is committed to attracting and supporting a staff and faculty of women and men that fully represents the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the nation and our institution; as a result, we actively seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs.
The full description can be viewed here: http://www.iona.edu/About/Administrative-Offices-Departments/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities/Coordinator-Research-Services.aspx