About the position:
The Coordinator of Evening & Weekend Services – Library will coordinate the general administration and operations of the library services, ensuring policy adherence and workflow coordination of the Paramus and Lyndhurst library locations during evening hours and on weekends. This position will be responsible for circulation, reserve and reference assistance; provide schedule coordination, oversight and direction to ensure that evening and weekend services are on par with daytime services; work with the Manager of Access Services to supervise and evaluate evening and weekend staff to ensure the highest levels of patron service and accountability; compile statistical data and prepare reports; coordinate projects and maintain library stacks, Evening/Weekend Access and Media Services; coordinate and maintain the Library Reserve collection; assist library patrons with concerns related to library policies, procedures and services; assist Manage r of Access Services to interpret and ensure policy adherence; handle emergency situations and report problems to designated staff and college public safety when necessary; perform additional tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MLS preferred.
- Two years professional supervisory experience required; Library supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience working with computers and media equipment.
- Experience with one or more modules of an integrated Library Management System.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (email, word processing, spreadsheets and internet searching) and networking basics; Ellucian preferred
- Ability to assist with computers, media equipment and other mechanical operations of the library equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be reliable, and flexible with the ability to multitask
- Team player, as well as, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Sound judgment capability and ability to make routine decisions\Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates understanding of the community college mission and practices
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code P-LIBRARY COORDINATOR) resume, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to email@example.com.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace