If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
DSS seeks to hire a highly qualified consultant digital editor for editorial production of Web content. Tasks include editing and copy-editing texts, in conjunction with content creators, and coordinating all aspects of page production. This work cannot be done internally because of the lack of staff capacity to carry out this critical function.
For more information, see the TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Minimum requirements and competencies:
• University degree in communication, journalism, international relations or other fields related to the work of UNICEF
• Five years of experience in a media or other fast-paced editorial environment
• Very strong, and proven, editorial, writing and other communication capabilities
• Exceptional digital aptitude
• Ability to coordinate content professionally with Web, multimedia and social teams
• Detail-oriented, creative, able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
• Fluency in English is required. A second United Nations language is highly desirable
• Content management experience
• Proficiency in HTML and Adobe Photoshop
• United Nations experience is a plus
• Experience with content management systems, especially OpenText (RedDot), is highly desirable
• Web and graphic design experience is a plus
How to Apply:
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 26 January 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Digital Asset Manager’, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Non-U.S. citizens must be in possession of a G4 visa or become a US permanent resident/citizen before the contract begins.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.