Collection Assessment and Analysis Librarian
Columbia University Libraries/Information Services
The Columbia University Libraries invites nominations and applications for the position of Collection Assessment and Analysis Librarian, Science and Engineering Libraries division. The Collection Assessment and Analysis Librarian will design an organizational framework for assessing collections in a large science and engineering research environment. The position will analyze usage statistics; develop evaluation models for current and new products; assess print and electronic collections including overlap analyses; and identify potential digitization projects and collaborative collection development opportunities. This position will focus on the collections relating to Chemistry, Physics, and Astronomy.
Reporting to the Head of Collection Development for Science and Engineering Libraries, the Collection Assessment and Analysis Librarian will provide direct service to faculty and students, including virtual reference, instruction and outreach, and research consultations. It will also coordinate marketing efforts for Science & Engineering Libraries services and events. In addition, this position participates on Libraries-wide task forces and working groups and represents the organization at appropriate regional and national forums.
Required qualifications include:
• MLS or other advanced degree in the sciences or engineering or other appropriate discipline
• Strong data analysis skills
• Proficiency with core research resources in the sciences and engineering
• Familiarity with scientific research, data management, and scholarly communications trends, including open access publishing
• Experience providing service and outreach in a technology-rich environment
• Experience managing complex projects
• An ability to clearly articulate ideas through excellent written and presentation skills
• Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
Preferred qualifications include:
• Undergraduate or advanced degree in a science, engineering, or other appropriate discipline
• Successful experience working in an academic or research intensive environment
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and social media
Submit your application online: https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62291
As one of the world’s leading research universities, Columbia University in the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a dynamic, multicultural, intellectual community. The Columbia University Libraries comprises a diverse and engaged staff committed to furthering the University’s teaching and research mission through innovation, collaboration, and a commitment to excellence.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider this position. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.