Job Title: Circulation Desk Service Specialist (Library Specialist)
Job ID: 17905
Location: Baruch College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This position reports to the Library Manager at Baruch College. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Supervises the operation of the librarya��s main circulation desk and related service points, which lend books, study room keys, multimedia materials and other items.
– Trains and coaches full-time and part-time staff to provide exceptional customer service.
– Works at the service counters with staff to ensure quality and efficiency of interactions with users, answer questions, and resolve problems.
– Monitors the performance of the self-service loan stations, troubleshoots problems, communicates with the CUNY Office of Library Services, and reports more complex problems to the vendor for service.
– Interprets and applies library policies. Reviews processes, policies, and procedures and makes recommendations regarding changes to improve service.
– Analyzes and reports on lending patterns and service point activity to meet user needs and plan for innovative loan services.
– Develops and implements a staff orientation program, as well as longer-term staff training opportunities.
– Identifies and applies performance metrics for the operation of the loan services.
– Serves as backup for the technology loan service specialist, as needed.
May work evening and weekend hours.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required; MLS degree or Master’s in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement. Experience working at a busy service desk, which may include work in the fields of retail sales or hospitality services. Experience with training, scheduling and supervising staff. Demonstrated commitment to high-quality customer service. Experience using computers and office technology.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Administers one or more aspects of Library operations and coordinates Library services.
– Assists faculty, students, and librarians in order to evaluate needs and locate appropriate materials on a timely basis
– Participates in acquiring materials in all formats and media
– Reviews Library usage patterns and makes recommendations regarding services; plans and conducts training and outreach activities
– Assists in developing and monitoring Library policies and user service standards
– May oversee a Library unit such as Circulation, Access/User Services, Reserve, Stack Maintenance, and/or Acquisitions
– Supervises and/or trains staff, students, and others assigned to the Library
– Performs related duties as assigned.
CUNY TITLE: Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (17905) or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
CLOSING DATE: December 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY: CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.