This “essential services” position operates the circulation Library management system to perform clerical duties and routine library assignments related to the circulation and organization of library materials, as well as process inter-library loan requests, reserve requests, and direct student workers. This position has flexible hours including occasional evenings, weekends, and during summer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Operate the circulation module of the Library Management system to perform clerical duties and routine library assignments related to circulating and organization of library materials such as books, journals, publications, micro-forms, audio-visual materials, stacks maintenance and Reserves.
– Process inter-library loan requests via the Inter-library Loan systems for SHU Library patrons and libraries borrowing materials from SHU. Return, receive, complete and ship loans via the Inter-library Loan systems. Ship, print labels, and track loans. Direct library student workers.
– This position is designated as an “essential services” as defined by the University, is expected to report to work in inclement weather conditions to keep the University Library open.
– Flexible assignments during occasional evenings, weekends, and during summers will be required.
– High school diploma or GED, 1-3 years experience in library work.
– Excellent phone and customer service skills, ability to communicate clearly and promptly responding to email, working knowledge of a Library Management System to create holding record.
– Library experience in Circulation department and/or Inter-library Loan systems.
– Experience using Excel to create spreadsheets and use of Optical Character Recognition software.
Salary Grade: Staff Union – SU18.0
– General office environment
– Moving book carts, lifting boxes up to 50 lbs.
Union Position: Local 153
Special Instructions to Applicants:
– Please provide contact information for three references.
– Shift 4 PM – 12 AM, Mon-Fri, flexible hours during summer