RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Dean of University Libraries, the Assessment Coordinator will create and lead the Adelphi Libraries’ Assessment Program in order to promote the advancement of student success and academic excellence at Adelphi. The successful candidate will work closely with library faculty and administrators, teaching faculty, and campus partners (Office of Research and Planning, Information Technology, etc.)
● Provides expertise and leadership in planning team-based assessment and implementation of the processes to collect, organize, preserve and disseminate data for evidence based decision-making, strategic planning, and external reporting.
● Working collaboratively with library faculty, administration and staff to assess resources and services to demonstrate the value of the Libraries in the advancement of teaching, learning, and scholarship.
● Harvests and assesses statistical and other data on the use of e-resources (databases, ebooks, and streaming services) to ascertain their utility and for institutional reporting.
● Analyzes and reports quantitative and qualitative data gathered from various sources including library systems, vendor statistics, observations, surveys, web analytics, interviews, and focus groups, and facilitates the use of this data to support library initiatives for space planning, collections and services.
● Collaborates with Libraries’ initiatives related to outreach, development, and other needs to successfully communicate the Libraries responsiveness to user needs in a rapidly changing scholarly environment.
Participates in reference service (10%)
Liaises with one or more departments or schools (15%)
Other Responsibilities (20%)
Represents the Libraries to other groups around campus and the region; serves on University and Library committees; participates in professional associations and bodies; participates in scholarly and professional activities including research and publishing required for reappointment, tenure and promotion.
This is a tenure-track library faculty position. Applicants must hold a master’s degree from an ALA accredited school of library/information science. A second post-baccalaureate degree or similar proof of advanced study is highly preferred and is required for promotion to the rank of Associate Professor and for tenure. Applicants must have experience as a librarian in an academic or research library and documented experience in assessment in libraries, higher education, or other complex organizations. Applicants must possess excellent supervisory, interpersonal, and communications skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a collegial environment.
● Academic background and/or experience in statistical assessment, analysis, and program evaluation.
● Experience conducting analysis and creating customized reports using statistical software applications, (i.e., Excel, SPSS, etc.) and data visualization software (i.e. Tableau, etc.)
● Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research.
● Ability to manage multiple projects including setting and meeting deadlines.
● Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community.
● Experience developing strategic and operational planning.
● Demonstrated successful leadership and project management skills.
● Demonstrated effectiveness in communicating with diverse groups of students, faculty, staff, and administrators.