If you are ready to work in the World’s Borough, the Queens Library wants you!
The Queens Library is offering opportunities to work for one of the most dynamic and diverse urban libraries in the world. We are seeking highly-engaged, creative, customer service driven candidates who are eager for an opportunity to enrich lives in one of our 65 service locations.
Queens Library is a renowned leader in providing innovative library and educational services, developing new technology applications and fostering community engagement. Recent accolades include:
• 2015 Winner ALA/Gale Cengage Learning & Reference Services Award
• 2014 ALA/Information Today “Library of the Future” Award
• 2013 Library of Congress Literacy Awards “Best Practice”
• 2013 Urban Libraries Council “Top Innovator” Award
• 2009 Library Journal “Library of the Year” Award
Annual salaries for Assistant Managers start at $53,369 and increase to $56,037 after 6 months of successful performance.
• In partnership with the Community Library Manager, has overall responsibility for the leadership of staff, including the timely and objective feedback of performance and fostering the staff development/learning
• Provides exceptional public service to all age levels.
• Direct supervisor of the Customer Service Supervisor and Librarians
• In the absence of the Community Library Manager, manages the library including materials selection, programming, physical maintenance, reports, etc.
• Prepares reports and statistics
• Performs other duties as required.
• Schedule will include some Saturdays and evenings.
• Leadership, initiative, flexibility, cooperative teamwork and modeling exemplary customer service
• ALA accredited Master’s degree
• Eligibility for New York State Public Librarian’s Certificate
• A minimum of one year of managerial experience including the management of full-time staff
• Two years of post-MLS experience is required.
• A minimum of one year of librarian experience
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of library policies and procedures.
What we offer: Excellent salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous vacation/sick pay, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, defined benefit pension, 403B, deferred compensation, and more. Relocation incentives available. Opportunities to further your education and professional credentials are plentiful.
To Apply: email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Assistant Community Library Manager – EXT” in the subject line.
Queens Library is an equal opportunity employer.