City Tech seeks an Administrative Specialist. She or he will be an administrator at the HE Assistant rank and work with City Tech library faculty and staff and others as required. A complete version of this ad appears in CUNYFirst. Applications are to be submitted only via CUNYFirst.
Job Opening ID: 10562
Posting Title: Administrative Specialist – Library
The Ursula Schwerin Library at New York City College of Technology is responsible for library services and operations to fulfill the college’s mission in support of nearly 17,000 students in a wide range of professional and technical baccalaureate and associate degree fields and a full-time faculty of over 400.
Over the last decade, via technology and creative curriculum design, the library has developed and expanded its programs of information literacy and scholarly communications. In addition to one-session embedded modules, the library offers a popular 3-credit course, “research and documentation in the information age,” with plans to develop interdisciplinary courses to be team-taught with faculty from other disciplines. Also over these years, the library’s collections have grown exponentially, with access to online resources representing a significant development.
The Administrative Specialist reports to the library department chair with the additional responsibilities as listed below:
– Oversight, coordination, hiring, recruiting, and record-keeping regarding full- and part-time support staff (including COAs and CAs).
– Oversee operations involving library personnel actions.
– Manage library operations regarding the ordering of supplies and equipment.
– Under the direction of the chief librarian, serve as liaison with college offices such as Computer Information Services, Buildings & Grounds, and Public Safety.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ relevant experience required.
– A minimum of four years of experience managing an academic office or similar operation
– Excellent communications, organizational, technical, and supervisory skills
– The ability to work well with library faculty, support staff, and other college offices
– Experience dealing with issues involving office facilities is preferred
– Experience working in an academic library is also preferred
– Knowledge and experience with Oracle systems is highly preferred
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select “Apply Now” and provide the requested information.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes will begin 5/15/14.