Adjunct Reference Librarian, Queens Campus
St. John’s University Library
- Provide traditional and electronic reference services (including virtual and text reference to students, faculty, administrators, and community library users). Schedule includes weekends, some evenings, and some holidays.
- Instruct library patrons in searching print sources and electronic information resources effectively including online catalog and subject databases.
- May provide library Instruction classes and other workshops as needed.
- Serve as building level liaison for safety and facilities issues as they arise. Act as backup for evening/weekend supervisor for student workers.
- Perform other professional duties as requested: may include participation in selection and de-selection of materials, preparation of library instruction materials, and evaluation and assessment of resources.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Additional subject master’s preferred.
- Academic library experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with and experience with reference and public service within a digital and web environment.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to Prof. Lucy Heckman, Head of Reference, email@example.com