The ACRL-NY Special Collections and Archives Group is having its 2013 meet-n-greet Friday, 15 November from 9:30-10:45 at the Mercy College Manhattan campus, Room 704. One need not be a member of ACRL-NY to attend. There was a great turnout for the Teaching with Archives workshop this past April. Now, we are meeting prior to the holidays to give people a chance to meet in a less formal atmosphere and discuss some things the group might do in 2014. Examples might include:
- outlining the “On the Doing of Local History” ACRL-NY program being coordinated with author and professor Mary Nilles for Spring 2014
- a discussion of various projects attendees are currently involved in
- how others are using social media in their collections
- how librarians/archivists are collaborating with faculty within their institutions
- experiences with interns
- possibilities for visiting an archive or collection in the Greater New York area in 2014
- topics that attendees might have and want to share.
Light refreshments will be served.