ACRL/NY 2018 Symposium: Libraries in Direct Action – Call for Posters
ACRL/NY is seeking poster proposals for our upcoming symposium: Libraries in Direct Action. We are specifically looking for poster proposals that showcase micro-actions libraries are taking to mitigate and alleviate barriers to patron success.
Sample themes and topics include, but are not limited to:
- Student wellness and mental health resources in the library
- Collaboration with student support services for student success
- Navigating changes in immigration and education policies for students
- Food security/food issues for campus communities
- Housing issues for campus communities
- Environmental impact and sustainability
- Outreach to under served populations
- Other practices for helping patrons through service
Selection will be done by a blind review; please do not include any identifying information in your abstract. Proposals can be submitted using this form.
Proposals for posters must be received by September 4th 2018.
The symposium will be held on Friday, December 7 at the Baruch College Vertical Campus. Selected candidates will be notified by October.
Posters can be displayed on the provided 5’x 2′ tables or on standing easels. Posters cannot be displayed on walls.
If you have any questions about the poster selection process, please contact Maureen Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also encourage all collaborators to come to the symposium and present their work (including students, support offices, paraprofessionals etc.).