Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Under the limited supervision of the Collections Procurement Librarian, the Order Support Team Leader provides day-to-day coordination and work distribution for the Order Support Team and students; handles a broad range of technical services to support general and international collections, with a Slavic emphasis. The position also includes searching, purchase order creation, ordering, EOD and EDI record load tracking, preprocessing, troubleshooting, cancellations, vendor communications, bibliographic access; handling materials in Latin and non-Latin scripts. Also responsible for ordering processes training and documentation.
Required Education and Experience
Two years of related work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge and ability using integrated library systems (e.g. Voyager) for technical service operations as well as in-depth knowledge and ability using a variety of office productivity software (e.g. Excel pivot tables) to distribute and track work.
- Reading knowledge of one or more non-Roman Slavic languages, Russian preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills and ability to initiate and exercise judgment in identifying and resolving complex problems associated with purchase orders, invoices, and bibliographic and holdings records.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate policies and work effectively and efficiently in a team setting and to establish sound working relationships with other units or departments. Ability to work independently and productively, and to organize varied tasks and set priorities.
- References must indicate reliable attendance and punctuality, accuracy, and attention to detail, consistency and dependability in performing work assignments. Following detailed procedures, and diligent performance within a team setting also required.
- Preferred Licenses or Certifications: Knowledge and experience with Yale University Library acquisitions policies and practices. Knowledge and experience with online vendor systems. Knowledge and experience using file management and batch record editing tools (e.g. MarcEdit) and Unix/Linux commands in support of automated acquisitions processes.
For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2lHdDGe. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country’s great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.