Reporting to the Manager of Access Services, the Resource Sharing Coordinator will coordinate the library’s main activities pertaining to interlibrary lending and borrowing services. The incumbent will oversee the daily operation of the lending services, provide professional services to students, faculty, and staff, as well as serve as the library contact with the broader interlibrary loan community. The incumbent will also be responsible for managing all billing for the interlibrary loan department and will provide administrative support to other library departments.
- Oversee and coordinate all interlibrary loan lending and interlibrary loan billing functions. Process and respond to lending requests received via ILLiad, Docline, e-mail, or other methods for materials owned by Levy Library.
- Serve as one of the primary contacts with users for services and issues pertaining to ILL services. Respond to interlibrary loan patron questions, issues, or complaints, endeavoring to resolve them in a timely manner. Respond to inquiries regarding the status of interlibrary lending requests.
- Utilize ILLiad, the library’s online catalog, the library’s electronic journal holdings, and OCLC WorldCat or other alternate document supply sources to locate materials to fill interlibrary lending requests.
- Troubleshoot conditional, unfilled, and problem lending requests, utilizing all available resources and communication methods for best possible fill rate.
- Perform and/or oversee the processing of materials to send to borrowing institutions via courier, USPS, or UPS.
- Perform and/or oversee the retrieval of books and other materials from library book stacks.
- Assist patrons with interlibrary loan registration functions of ILLiad interlibrary loan system.
- Process lending charges using OCLC/IFM, ILLiad billing module, or invoice.
- Process and send ILL overdue notices via email, calculate overdue and/or lost fines, prepare and send notices to patrons and customers.
- Assist in the maintenance of statistics and preparation of annual statistics on materials borrowed/loaned utilizing ILLiad, Docline, and OCLC WorldCat.
- Attend regular ILL department meetings with ILL department to share information related to library faculty and staff, and discuss ILL policies and procedures.
- Provide coverage of the Circulation Desk as needed. Create and update library accounts, check materials (books, reserve items, laptop computers, and any other circulating items) in and out, and handle small financial transactions.
- Assist patrons in the use of resources in-person and by phone. Use knowledge of the online library resources to assist patrons in searching for known items. Answer questions concerning library access policies, circulation services, classroom locations, and the location of print materials in the library.
- Assist with support for patrons in use of software. Troubleshoot and address problems with public workstations, equipment for loan, copiers, printers, scanners and other technology equipment. Refer problems to appropriate next level, when appropriate.
- Assist with opening and/or closing of the library – includes evenings and weekend operations.
- Process invoices received from service providers.
Minimum: Associate’s degree; Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or an Associate’s degree with training and experience.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- 1-3 years of previous administrative experience in which you used software to enter, track, maintain, and/or process orders, bills/invoices, requests, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency of office software including MS Office Suite and QuickBooks or an alternative accounting software.
- Strong customer service and communication skills; able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse population of students, faculty, clinicians, and external vendors.
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with colleagues from all library departments, students, faculty, staff, and external vendors.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Aptitude for learning and troubleshooting software/hardware systems efficiently and thoroughly.
- Aptitude for project management, organization, prioritization, coordination, and implementation.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years previous experience working in an academic or research library.
- Experience in circulation and/or interlibrary loan services.
- Experience using ILLiad, Docline, and/or OCLC Worldcat software.
- Experience searching online bibliographic databases.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.