Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Under the supervision of the Chief Librarian, the Web Services Specialist supervises the development, implementation and support of the Library website, electronic reserves, and web products and services to support learning.
The specialist is expected to work closely with the college’s CIO and technology advisory group to ensure maximum utilization of the college’s resources and network support for the Library, consistent with college and university policies governing IT and network use.
– Develops and maintains the library website including web pages, graphic design, statistics, documentation and applications associated with service enhancement.
– Supervises the library’s electronic reserve service.
– Coordinates efforts of the BMCC Library to support and enhance library services through innovative use of information technologies.
– Participates in usability studies and the development of web-based instructional materials.
– Coordinates the Website Development Committee.
– Supervises college assistants or work study students in scanning and digitization.
– Keeps abreast of latest developments in library technology, the internet and related information technology.
Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ relevant experience required.
Experience in web design and web scripting languages; proficiency with PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, CSS, PHP, MySQL, and WordPress; familiarity with a variety of library-specific applications.
The preferred candidate will understand multimedia, graphics and web authoring techniques and server technologies.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Master’s degree in library science or related fields preferred. Previous work in a library environment and supervisory experience preferred.
$42,873 – $74,133
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply through the CUNYFirst.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.