Northern Marianas College is located on the beautiful tropical island of Saipan within the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands.
It is the policy of Northern Marianas College that equal opportunity be given to all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, gender, marital status, place of origin, religion, disability status, political affiliation, family relationship, or genetic information (GINA). The college reserves the right to waive or implement other qualifications to meet its needs and the right to reject all applicants or withdraw the vacancy should NMC determine such a position is no longer needed or able to be filled. The College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline is Nov. 22, 2013 or until position is filled. Applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. If there are no qualified applicants or the set of qualified applicants is deemed an insufficient pool, the closing date will be extended for two-week periods for further submission and review of applications until the search is closed. Deadlines that fall on a non-business day will be extended to the next business day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates and conducts information literacy instruction for multiple courses at NMC.
· Provides specialized and general reference services to the college community.
· Participates in Program Review and Outcomes Assessment (PROA) activities such as serving on committees or creating reports.
· Provides high-quality customer service to students, staff and faculty.
· Assists patrons in the use of the OPAC, internet resources, and online databases.
· Regular scheduled hours will involve evening or weekend shifts as necessary.
· Provides library support for the college’s distance learning program.
· Creates and updates web content for the library.
· Assists in monograph, reference, and periodicals collection development, acquisitions, and weeding as part of an annual review process.
· Participates in projects in the CNMI Archives.
· Supports operations in the Curriculum Resource Center (CRC), an education library held in concert with the School of Education.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Programs and Services.
Masters in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited or equivalent program. Demonstrated commitment to academic research and information literacy instruction. Familiarity with the Millennium ILS, original cataloging, and library metadata schema. A minimum of (1) one year post-MLIS experience is preferred. Applicants with Pacific/Asia or other international library work experience will be given preference.
How to Apply:
Employment application forms are available at the Human Resources Office of the College and a pdf. file can be downloaded from our website: http://www.marianas.edu using Adobe Acrobat. Please submit the following documents to the HR Office: A cover letter, NMC Application with the authorization for release of prior employment information, official school transcripts, and copy of diploma or certificates must be submitted no later than the closing date of the Announcement. Failure to submit all these documents by the closing date will be acknowledged as incomplete and will be denied for consideration.