The Graduate Services Discussion Group of ACRL/NY (GSDG) meets to discuss how to customize and do outreach to graduate students in all disciplines. How does graduate student needs in libraries differ from those of undergraduates? Services to graduate students is a specialization in academia, particularly in libraries. This group will provide a forum in which to discuss ways to serve the graduate student population through instruction, specialized services, and digital initiatives.
Learn more about the Graduate Services Discussion Group at our blog. Questions? Contact Amy Ballmer email@example.com. Check the ACRL/NY events archive for information about previous meetings and programs. Any upcoming meetings or events will be posted on our homepage.
Recent posts from the Graduate Services blog
- Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:49:57 +0000: Next Meeting May 14 at the Bard Graduate Center - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
Save the date! The next GSDG meeting will take place at the Bard Graduate Center on May 14 at3pm During this meeting we will discuss several reports that have been published on the research behavior of graduate students specifically and … Continue reading →
- Thu, 03 Jan 2013 15:35:30 +0000: Met Publications Digitization Program panel, Jan 17 - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
This may be of interest – nothing specifically to do with Graduate Services, but interesting nonetheless! Amy Please join us on Thursday, January 17, 2013, at 3:30 pm for a program on the digitization of publications from The Metropolitan Museum … Continue reading →
- Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:37:48 +0000: 12/11 Meet ‘n Greet Summary - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
A group of sixteen librarians from academic, museum, and public libraries attended the Meet ‘n Greet and discussed a variety of topics including assessment, outreach, and space planning. Ideas for the next GSDG meeting were also suggested: Successful collaborations between … Continue reading →
- Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:40:12 +0000: Grad Services Meet n Greet 12/11 4-6 p.m. - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
Are you a librarian for Graduate students? Are you interested in sharing and learning about programming and instruction ideas? If so, join the ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group for snacks and discussion on Tuesday, Dec. 11, 4-6 p.m. at the … Continue reading →
- Tue, 16 Oct 2012 20:03:45 +0000: Providing Instructional Services: Four Case Studies - ACRL/NY Graduate Services Discussion Group
This upcoming event may be of interest to GSDG members: Providing Instructional Services: Four Case Studies Date: Friday, November 9, 2012 Time: 3:00 – 4:30 pm Providing effective library instruction often relies on matching instructional methods and formats to specific … Continue reading →