The ACRL/NY Distance Learning Discussion Group convenes to tackle topics that can inform, inspire, encourage and otherwise rejuvenate librarians who are working through the challenges and victories that come with supporting a variety of distance learners, faculty, and researchers. We look forward to membership input on suggested topics, speakers, handy tricks, low-threshold-technology solutions, and the sharing of successes and failures of those of us who are taking up the challenge of providing library services at a distance.
Learn more about the Distance Learning Discussion Group at our blog. Questions? Contact Kathryn G. Shaughnessy email@example.com. Check the ACRL/NY events archive for information about previous meetings and programs. Any upcoming meetings or events will be posted on our homepage.
Recent posts from the Distance Learning blog
- Sat, 14 Dec 2013 21:53:28 +0000: Some Sloan-C Takeaways - ACRL/NY Distance Learning Group
For those who were unable to get to Sloan-C this November, here are some notes I took…did anyone else go who would like to do a guest post, or be part of a discussion at our next meet-and-greet? 2013 SLOAN-C … Continue reading →
- Mon, 20 May 2013 19:13:07 +0000: June 7, 2013 Meet & Greet: Instructional Design and Assessment - ACRL/NY Distance Learning Group
The ACRL/NY Distance Learning Discussion Group is pleased to sponsor a “meet-and-greet” on Friday June 7, from 9:30-11:00 am at the Mercy, Manhattan campus. The topic of conversation will be “Library instruction in the online environment: Designing for Use and … Continue reading →
- Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:40:11 +0000: Thursday, Oct 25, 2012: Joint meeting of ACRL/NY SIGs - ACRL/NY Distance Learning Group
On Thursday, Oct 25, 2012, the DL SIG is proud to be part of a Joint meeting of ACRL/NY’s Information Literacy/Instruction, Distance Learning, and New Librarians discussion groups focusing on Librarians As Instructional Designers This is ACRL/NY’s first online event … Continue reading →
- Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:56:18 +0000: Meet & Greet discussing e-Portfolios 4/20 - ACRL/NY Distance Learning Group
The ACRL/NY Distance Learning Discussion Group is pleased to sponsor a “meet-and-greet” on Friday April 20, from 9:30-11:00 am at the Mercy, Manhattan campus. The topic of conversation will be “E-Portfolios & the Academic Librarian.” E-portfolios are enjoying a renaissance, … Continue reading →
- Tue, 03 May 2011 23:20:52 +0000: Joint Meeting with IL Group: Remote Instruction platforms - ACRL/NY Distance Learning Group
The Distance Learning and Information Literacy Discussion groups welcome you to their annual “Meet and Greet” scheduled for Friday, May 13, 2011. The focus of this meeting’s discussion will be the use of web conferencing tools for online instruction, workshops … Continue reading →